paradigm subwoofer buzzing looking for advice.

Hi all! I have a paradigm subwoofer that has a hum/buzz emanating from the controller board that I am about to open and attempt to repair.No I won't do anything crazy with it. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or things to look for that might be the problem for when I finally do rip it apart. The buzz is definitely coming from the board, and not the speaker, and is fairly minor in nature, as I didn't notice it until I was manhandling it into a new location. It is a similar buzz as to what you get with a badly grounded turn table. If you need any more info or have any questions please ask, and I will do my best to answer. thanks for your time. kallita If you really want to talk to me - just eat the spam

Reply to
james moffat

Are you saying that it is a sound coming from a component physically vibrating, rather than an electronic buzz being reproduced from the speaker ? And that otherwise it all works ok ? I think that's what you're trying to get across. If so, and it's a pretty constant sound, chances are it's a wound component. Assuming that it uses a conventional linear supply, then it will most likely be the line power (mains) transformer itself. Can often be cured simply by tightening the mounting screws. Otherwise, it's a case of stopping the laminations being able to vibrate. Various methods can be used for that, including superglue, varnish, hot melt glue, silicone rubber etc.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily