Panel-Mounted Non-Polarized Convenience Receptacles

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and children of all ages:

For those of us who have the awful habit of restoring vintage equipment with non-polarized convenience receptacles and who often have a hard time finding replacements - These fit Dynaco and similar products.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
Peter W.

Good find! I haven't seen those in years. I forgot about Philmore making them.

Reply to
Ken Layton

Update: These fit as-found in a latter day SCA-80Q. I had to file them down a little bit to fit into an SCA-35. Fastener spacing is dead-on, and there is plenty of clearance inside in both cases.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
Peter W.

Forgot about those too. You used to be able to pick them up at radio shack.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Interesting, I have many NOS ones that I picked up from a Philmore distributor. Guess I should put them up on my web site...but they will be more than $1 as I think these are actually UL/CSA approved.

John :-#)#

                      John's Jukes Ltd.
          (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

Guess I should put them up on my web site...but they will

John:

As these would never be stand-alone devices, they should carry a UR (with the R reversed) designation. And, yes, that would be handy.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
Peter W.

Anybody know the history of that symbol? It's cool looking, and seems to be something beyond what UL would ever come up with on their own.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Start with UR. Run the letters together. Mirror image it left-right. Slant it like a back italic.

UR is a UL recognized component. They are tested to a UL standard, but to use the component in a UL listed device UL has to clear it for that device or class of devices. That may include conditions for its use.

Reply to
bud--