Olympus m-10 camera switch mechanism?

I was given this camera. Like many point and shoot digital Olympus cameras, it is turned on by retracting the lens shield. Has a charged battery and power shows at the camera battery terminals when connected to 4.5 v. Retracting the lens shield does nothing. I opened the camera. [Easy. Just a few screws.] Under the front cover is a pivoting plastic arm, maybe 1/2 inch long that swings across the interior over a circuit board when the lens shield is retracted. I wanted to manually bypass the switch and start diagnosis. But I can't see anything like a switch. Anywhere. There is a 1/4 inch square shallow metal enclosure near the area where this arm would be but it sure doesn't look like a switch or anything that really comes in contact with the arm. Does anyone know how Olympus cameras are switched on? Thank you.

Reply to
John Keiser

Upon further inspection: I see that the 1/4 inch metal device is a microswitch but the lever has broken. It is so small that even if I had the broken parts [they seem to have been eaten by the camera], I could not repair. I could possibly wire a slider switch elsewhere. Oh well.

Reply to
John Keiser