Old Relay

HI All,

I have a faulty relay on a control card (pretty old). The coil of a relay is open circuit and the it seems to be with the coil itself (not at the pigtails).

It is a double pole double throw and the coail voltage is 60 Volts coil resistance about 5K. Part number seems to be something like NSF30.6.160 also has markings on the case TGL, 200,3796, RGI.

Anyone know where I could source something like this or have more info an manufacture web link etc,

Thanks in advance

Iain

--

http://www.wilkie-electronics.co.uk

Wilkie Electronics
16, Muirhall Terrace
Perth
PH2 7ES
Scotland
United Kingdom

Tel/Fax +44 (0)1738 621492
Reply to
Iain Wilkie

is

What sort of physical size, contact size/current carrying capacity, terminal form ?

N Cook

Dimensions are approx 33mm long x 18mm wide x35mm high, and it is a cradle type. No idea of contact rating but they are fairly small so not a lot. Arrangement is

2 sets of change-over contacts. PCB mounting

Used in a safety circuit in a gillotine

Iain

Wilkie Electronics

16, Muirhall Terrace Perth PH2 7ES Scotland United Kingdom

Tel/Fax +44 (0)1738 621492

Reply to
Iain Wilkie

TGL xxx sounds like east germany manufactured.

Jorgen dj0ud

Reply to
Jorgen Lund-Nielsen

Then you have a safety problem. Can you buy one from the maker of the machine? Is this a "push two buttons simultaneously" system?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Manufacturer will not supply a "part", only a new machine !

Part of the light-screen safety circuitry

Wilkie Electronics

16, Muirhall Terrace Perth PH2 7ES Scotland United Kingdom

Tel/Fax +44 (0)1738 621492

Reply to
Iain Wilkie

Yup, German machine so probably a German relay

Wilkie Electronics

16, Muirhall Terrace Perth PH2 7ES Scotland United Kingdom

Tel/Fax +44 (0)1738 621492

Reply to
Iain Wilkie

Post a picture of the relay somewhere and provide a link so we can check it out. Might be similar to one we stock for are arcade games and jukeboxes...

John :-#)#

--
  (Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup)  John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9      Call

relay is

coil

info an

This German site might be able to help

Ross Herbert

relay is

coil

info an

IT seems that the original manufacturer may have been VEB Funkwerk Koepenick (RFT) in the former DDR.

It is possibly now part of

(see Chronik para where it mentions Funkwerk Koepenick - I assume it means a former company which was subsumed)

Using the search facility to look for "relais" turns up EAW RelaisTechnik

and they do make a miniature industrial cradle relay type TRP3XX. I doubt you will find the original type number you require but you might make an enquiry.

Failing that you may be able to use an alternative from any one of a number of manufacturers such as Fuji, Omron, Panasonic (NAIS) etc.

A picture would be a great help.....

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Thanks for all the info...

I am trying the leads you have provided me with, if still getting nowhere I will post a photo.

Thanks again

iain

Wilkie Electronics

16, Muirhall Terrace Perth PH2 7ES Scotland United Kingdom

Tel/Fax +44 (0)1738 621492

Reply to
Iain Wilkie

Thanks to all.....

Have made contact with a supplier in Germany

Iain

Wilkie Electronics

16, Muirhall Terrace Perth PH2 7ES Scotland United Kingdom

Tel/Fax +44 (0)1738 621492

Reply to
Iain Wilkie

Lot easier to buy a 24v relay locally and add a series resistor. Safety related legislation can be an issue though.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I have 50 x relay with the discription RGI TGL 200 3796, I don't know the coil voltage ? I testing with 24 Vac and that is working !

Greetings,

John van de Ven The Netherlands snipped-for-privacy@milsbeek.eu

Reply to
milsbeekinfo