Old Rejuvenator - Sencore CR143 - Make an adapter?

A buddy of mine gave me a Sencore CR143 a while back.

This thing is a dinosaur - last made in 1970. It's so old that the tubes given in the manual are mostly black and white. 15 pages of BW tubes, vs

*3* for color.

There is a color adapter, and since I'm 99% I'll never use it, I've sacrificed it to make a socket that'll work with most arcade tube - in the realm of a B&K Socket 23.

So I cut the wires off the original socket, and I'm matching them up on the socket I'm going to solder to. Except....

On the old one I've got RGB G1, and RGB G2. On the newer tube I only have Green G1 and G2, the others are RGB *K*. And then there's G3, G4 and G5.

Am I just deluding myself that I'll be able to use this rejuvenator on a more modern tube?

Reply to
Peale

Attempting to make the adapter now. The PDF here:

states wire color for a B & K 466, so I'm going on basic assumptions about each.

Using a B&K socket 23 as an example, so far I've got G2 R to 8, G to 6 and B to 11. G1 I haven't hooked up so far, but it looks like I need to hook G1 green to pin 5, and tie a connection to pin 7 from pin 6 (G2 green). I haven't done it yet because I was concerned that I'm wrong about that.

Red G1 and Blue G1 don't have a connection at all on the 23. That doesn't seem right to me, but for all I know that's correct.

Then there's the yellow wire, which on the Sencore pinout states that it's "cathode". Nothing on the B & K states cathode, but there is G3, G4, G5

Reply to
Peale