NTC 5D-9 Thermistor?

Have you traced the circuit and know for certain they are in the line and neutral sides of the primary? Could they be in series or parallel in the same line side feed? What are the values of the two components? Obviously from the photo one is much larger so I would assume will be for higher current/power, but possibly the thermal constants could be different and the combination in parallel may give a better in rush current curve or possibly protect against the problem I saw with the single under-designed device. I guess I am just wondering if the second part wasn't a "fix" to a known design problem

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Travis,

Per your request to post a follow up, the CL40 part arrived via UPS today and although about 4X the physical size, installed without any problem and the unit is working once again. Thanks again for the advice. Let's hope that doubling the current capacity will prevent a reoccurrence.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Congratulations on a good repair, and you are very welcome.

Enjoy the holiday weekend.

Reply to
Travis Jordan