Nikon Flash Glue Failed

I have a Nikon flash. The back control plate (glued on) fell off allowing all the internal slides to drop out. I spent a while figuring out how to get them all back in the right place and order. Now I have Scotch tape holding the back on.

I would use Lexel but after opening any size tube the self life is very poor. Lexel is terrific.

I hope to find a similar product in a small tube to use. Please do not suggest cyanoacrylates. I do not like them. They have never worked well for me.

Any other single tube adhesives any good? Last resort is epoxy, but I really want to avoid epoxy.

Reply to
BeeJ

You might look at SureHold Plastic Surgery. Fry's usually stocks it.

You might try an adhesive for rear-view mirrors (though I believe they're two-part).

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

AFAIK they're a form of cyano-acrylate. The additional part is an "activator" which causes better adhesion to the glass.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Peters

GC Bond or any sort of synthetic rubber dissolved in solvent. It's good forever if you have it in a glass bottle and cap it correctly.

It remains supply for a while permitting you to change your mind or reposition things.

There are other makers of this stuff, but I have no idea what they call it.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

The stuff they use to glue rubber seals onto car doors is interesting for gluing flat stuff together.

Reply to
mike

Do you have a brand and product name of the?

BeeJ

The stuff I have is Scotch-Grip # 847. I expect most anything you get from the car parts place should work.

Reply to
mike