New Big TV's

I was listening to a shortwave radio show where a TV technician called in and discussed how he found that in his business that 90% of expensive TV, I didn't if they were regular, plasma, nuclear, or ??, were in his shop within their first year?

Any clarification on this as I am going to be purchasing a new TV in the next few months? W/O starting another world war are there bands you should avoid at all cost? BTW, my parents had great luck and loved the PROTON?

Thanks!

Reply to
James Douglas