Muffin fan sources?

I got some Comair Rotron fans, that fit the spindle motors on some of my CNC machines.. They lasted about a week, before the plastic fins/body split/cracked, and they failed. Noisily. I thought the first set was a fluke, so I changed to another, and sure enough, the next set failed too. I just got off the phone with a friend who services Radio, and TV transmitters, and he was complaining about replacing Comair Rotron fans in the transmitters, except when they fail it takes out several K $ worth of tranmitter modules. Again, he was seeing about week of life expectancy. These fans were all Hecho en Mexico.

Any ideas about high quality, Reliable muffin fans? Brands to avoid, or to prefer? Are all the others made in China, from recycled trash bags now days?

These IIRC are the 6-7" fans.

Reply to
Half-Nutz

Considered Papst ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Pabst are about the best with metal blades. You didn't mention voltage. Fans should not suck hot air. They should always suck cool air, else they will not last long. Any fan in high temp will not last long.

greg

Reply to
GregS

All too right. Pressure differentials are important too as is the airflow path.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Good morning,

I'll second the other poster who suggested Pabst fans. I've also had decent luck with Panasonic fans which are available from Digikey

Otherwise, why not get the same as the original ones, if they had lasted for many years?

Regards, Tim Schwartz Bristol Electronics

Reply to
Tim Schwartz