Microwave not Heating

I have a pair of virtual twin GE's, 1600 series, that aren't heating. All else appears to be normal. I've replaced the HV diodes with no luck.

After discharging, all resistance checks appear to be normal.

HV side 70 ohms, primary

Reply to
Backhand

I'd go with magnetron or bad filament connections but I assume you checked those. The HV transformer wouldn't fail in a way that didn't result in smoke or blown fuses. The cap is more likely to short than open and you do get some response on your DMM. You could compare it to a normal

1 uF capacitor.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

On or about 24 Oct 2005 15:53:51 -0400 someone/thing calling him/her/itself Sam Goldwasser inked the following:

Ok, I finally had time to get into it and upon removal of the magnetron found the antenna nicely burned up, a good 1/4 inch hole eroded on the top/side.

Called GE wholesale parts (888 239 6832) and they are sending me the mag/stir kit under the 10 yr. warranty.

Do you think I should get a leak test done? I've not touched the waveguide or the door at all so it should still be intact.

Thx.

Reply to
Backhand

Wow, I'm impressed they didn't give you too hard a timea bout you're being killed and suing.....

The party line says yes. As a practical matter, if you haven't touched the door seal, there won't be any issues with leakage from the front.