Making a simple 'scope !!!

I made a simple scope with this metod : I got from the scrap an old b/w set/monitor and another small color set that didn't work well but there is HV ! I cut the wires to the horizontal yoke, on the b/w set I got a line across the screen, well ! I turned off it. Then I connected the two wires of the yoke to a simple bf amplificator ad injected an audio signal into the amplificator. Immediately I seen on the CRT a glowing line, well, it's the signal !!! Then I rotate G2s pot to get a more brighter line (the set was junk... and i don't mind how it can last !)... For the color set it was a bit difficult : it has a bridge between two connections of yoke's cable, to prevent functioning the tv without h.d.y,with a piece of cable i make a jumper and made the same modifications that i did to the b/w set... it's fantastic, it's not a real 'scope, it's limited to 63Hz, but it's funny to see for the first time a signal !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I.

Reply to
Inty

that

modifications

Another related piece of cobbled together test kit is a simple spectrum analyser. Take a TV tuner and a very basic scope display. Make up a sawtooth signal generator and feed the ramp voltage to the X i/p and the tuning Vt of the tuner and feed the tuner if o/p , high f rectified , to the Y i/p. For added sophistication loosely couple the o/p of a TTL crystal oscillator to the tuner for spot frequency harmonics calibration.

Diverse Devices, Southampton, England electronic hints and repair briefs , schematics/manuals list on

N Cook

"N Cook" ha scritto nel messaggio news:da0jli$add$ snipped-for-privacy@inews.gazeta.pl...

i/p.

Thanks for your interesting infos !!!