Making a C7 light string shorter

Hi. I was wondering how to go about reducing a string of C7 (7-watt bulbs) Christmas lighting. I'll probably pick up a 10-bulb string and I'll want to reduce it to 3 bulbs. I don't know whether the string has an extra end connector or if it terminates with a bulb. I'll be using this to replace the old 3-bulb setup in an old glass indoor Christmas display globe-type enclosure (kinda like a small lantern). Any details on how I can safely do this? Thanks!

flamanar

Reply to
flamanar

C-7's are wired in parallel so you can just cut the end off the string. I've done this before to make strings to fit around windows and stuff, I cut the two wires staggered so one is about half an inch longer than the other, then I slip a piece of heatshrink tubing over it, squirt a bit of hot melt glue in the end, then shring the tubing, creates a nice watertight seal.

Reply to
James Sweet