Mackie M1400 poweramp problem

Ah ... Studiomaster. I will remember that Graham, when I next get one in that's giving me some grief ...

d;~}

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

respected

sure.

I appreciate it wasn't a design issue just an unfortunate fault. I was impressed to get a direct reply from Toroid Int. who did offer to supply the part but the cost was prohibitive as it would have been a one off job.

I don't know who is making these T.amps for Thomann but they seem to be pretty decent. I haven't opened mine to look but I've heard some say that they are copies of an old Crest design.

--
Tim Phipps

replace "invalid" with "uk" to reply by email
Reply to
Tim Phipps

Stop for a second to think how many tens of thousands were made and how few you see.

I just bought a 700D on ebay btw for a club install that's going 3 way active (for the HF drivers). You can see I do have confidence in my own products.

And you can always email me for repair tips.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

respected

sure.

It's a real shame about that. There was a repair oufit in Liverpool that had a small supply of the TXs but they're long gone now.

I've seen those. Maybe I'll get to find out who it is.

I doubt that on account of the fact that Crests are massively overengineered as a rule (nhence expensive to build). Far more likely another QSC ripoff. If the output transistors' collectors are grounded it's almost a dead cert.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

as a rule

FYI it's these ones I'm talking about. I've also seen them branded as Audiohead and C-mark.

Tim Phipps

replace "invalid" with "uk" to reply by email
Reply to
Tim Phipps

as a rule

output

I know very well the ones you mean but from an external visual I can tell nothing.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Yes, I don't see that many. But always useful to have a 'contact' within a company ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily