LCD Display Contact with PCB

My wife dropped her portable radio in coke. I took it apart and cleaned it and it seems to work fine except the LCD Display is dim and erratic. It connects to the PCB lands by pressure only and pressing improves the display somewhat. I don't understand how this type of connection works. I have cleaned both parts but not much improvement.

Any advice would be appreciated. I understand that the acid from the soft drink can dissolve connections and that the sugar will cause shorts. However not much got in and I have cleaned everything else pretty well. Is there some kind of contact grease that has to be applied to the lands to make a good connection?

--
Nelson

Nelson

keywords

zebra strip

perhaps

-- General electronic repairs, most things repaired, other than TVs and PCs

Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Reply to
N_Cook

Need to clean the edge of the lcd in rubbing alcohol. The contacts between the lcd and pcb should be completely free of any substance so it's a no to any contact 'grease'.

Reply to
Meat Plow

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:44:22 -0400, N_Cook wrote (in article ):

Found it. Thanks.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Nelson

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:55:34 -0400, Meat Plow wrote (in article ):

Thanks. I also read somewhere that a very fine coat of WD-40 would work... and it did.

--
Nelson

Nelson

OMG people, quit using a water displacer never meant for electronics ON electronics!!!!!!

Reply to
GMAN

aned

.

rks.

e soft

.

ds

een

Yeah, but WD-40t does work to clean off crud, then should be wiped off carefully itself.

Reply to
hrhofmann