KV-32XBR400

Got more on this later actually, but right now I have a burning question about IC 6501, the popular MCZ3001D. Not the I have seen them anywhere else, but these sets use three of them.

I have been unable to get a spec sheet on it, but I haven't tried Motoraola, if I even can, is MCZ one of theirs ?

OK, here is the burning question. How the hell does it drive Q6507 ? For drive, pin 16 has to rise above the main B+. With the symbol they show for Q 6507 it is a regular MOSFET and will require between 8 and

18 volts to saturate. Where does this voltage come from feeding IC 6501 ? It runs off of 15 volts, and pin 1 (Vsense) is fed through about a megohm. Also, the voltage is supposed to be low, IIRC 2.5 volts. It certainly isn't coming from there.

The only thing I can think of is something to do with pins 10 & 14. At the speed this thing runs C 6510 between 14 & 15 could be how it does it. A 0.1 uF should be able to hold enough charge to drive Q 6507 even with the 10K (R 6533) across the source and gate.

Can anyone clear this up ? Possibly someone who's been to Sony training or something ?

Thanks.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly

Scroll down this web page for the service manual.

Just google MCZ3001D, or look here to download the IC info.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
Dani