Voltage Reducer

Hi,

My frequency counter is IC based with one of its pin as direct input.. about 6Volts. Now I want to measure the frequency of the power lines. I plan to use a step down transformer of 110 volts to

6 volts secondary. Can I use the connect transformer 6 volts output directly to the pin of the IC.. or do I have to use some kind of current limiter. If so. What current limiter must I use? Or does the IC only draw the required few current it needs without the transformer overloading it? Thanks.

log

Reply to
log

Give us more details on the input IC you are using. In any case a resistive network should be in order, provided you don't need ground isolation. If you do, the transformer makes more sense.

Vlad

Reply to
Vlad