Konka K2001UM service

Just got a working Konka TV (left in the street, literally). Works OK, except that the picture's a bit dimmer than I think it should be, even with the brightness cranked up all the way (60 on the on-screen display), also with maximum contrast.

Is there any internal adjustment I can make to get a little more punch in the picture? Or is it already maxed out, and what I get is what I get?

Before you post dire warnings, I know all about working around high voltages, etc., etc. I promise to be very, very careful. The last time I worked on a tube, I was able to bring a Sony Trinitron computer monitor back to life by adjusting the focus.

Any help appreciated.

--
  "I know I will go to hell, because I pardoned Richard Nixon."

- Former President Gerald Ford to his golf partners, as related by
the late Hunter S. Thompson
Reply to
David Nebenzahl

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:19:45 -0800, David Nebenzahl put finger to keyboard and composed:

Someone recently posted a repair tip to aus.electronics that may be of help.

Konka K3466EXT1 repair tip - dark picture:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar