Kenwood TM-281A Adjustment Mode

Hi,

I am aware of a ham-radio NG. Unfortunately due to extremely low activity, I am posting this message here.

Does anyone know the procedure to access the adjustment mode menu on my Kenwood 2M TM-281A transceiver? This is the menu that allows you to adjust the power lever, deviation, etc.

Thank You in advance, John N3AOF

PS, I was unable to locate a service manual on the internet, unless I pay for one.

Reply to
jaugustine

According to the following, it's similar to the previous TM-271A

And there is a 271A Yahoo users group covering the 281A.

TM-271A service manual here

Adrian C
Reply to
Adrian C

There's very little available for the TM-281a because the TM-271a is almost identical, except for a difference of 5 watts in Pout. Why Kenwood would need two almost identical models is an open question that was discussed in the Yahoo Kenwood group in the past.

For adjustment mode, see instructions at: Good luck.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Did you try, or just assume?

People are still posting their ads where they don't belong, so unless you unless you actually post, you don't know that someone won't jump out of the woodwork and have an answer.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Hi, I forgot to say in my post that I downloaded the TM-271A SM. Unfortunately. the circuit board is much different than the TM-281A. In the TM-271A, there is a place on the PCB where you use a tweezers or other to short to "points", then turn on the power to enter adjustment mode..

Thanks again for your replies, John N3AOF

Reply to
jaugustine

Hi Michael,

Before I posted here, I downloaded all the headers in the ham-radio NG. I don't remember how many, but the total number was very small.

However, you made a good point. I will also post there.

John N3AOF

Reply to
jaugustine

Hi Jeff, Although I downloaded the SM for the TM271A, I decided to use the link you provided. By golly, this is a different procedure than what I found in the SM!

I will give that a try in a day or two after I finish some other projects I am working on.

Again, Thanks, John N3AOF

Reply to
jaugustine

There's a Kenwood Yahoo group, I own a TS480SAT which has it's own Yahoo group - there may be one for your radio.

Charlie.

--
M0WYM
Sales @ radiowymsey

Hi Jeff,

OOOPS,

I took a quick look at that adjustment page via the link you provided, and jumped to the wrong conclusion.

The front panel keys are used in making the adjustments, NOT for getting into adjustment mode.

It is the same as the TM271A SM I downloaded.

There is a BIG difference between the PCB in the TM271A and TM281A, and you have to access a certain place on the PCB in order to get the radio into "adjustment mode".

Thanks for trying, John N3AOF

Reply to
jaugustine

I have a copy of the adjustment for the TM 281 a Please email me for a copy

snipped-for-privacy@live.com

Reply to
log3525

Hi sir...how to set or program a 15watts in tm 281a?

Reply to
ermarkjunjun

Nearly three years gone.

Reply to