How to choose proper cassette belt

PRB has been gone for a long time. They were bought by Russell Industries.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

Yes, but they still have the "PRB Line" and that product looks the same.

Trouble is, there are fewer and fewer choices for replacements these days.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

I can't tell if it's relevant here, but... The dual-capstan cassette player I had used capstan pulleys of different diameter. In order to keep the capstans at the same speed, the belt had to stretch on one side of the pulley more than the other. That amount of stretch determined the tape tension. In that case, the amount of stretch in the belt might be considered an important parameter.

Reply to
mike

That is supposed to be the remaining inventory from purchasing PRB.

Yes. I miss the Oneida belt kit I had back in the mid '70s. It had rolls of various belt stock and a cutting jig to make custom belts.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to