Hitachi 55FX20B UNIQUE intermttent misconvergence.

Thought three individual red, green and blue colors displaces when convergence intermittently fails, admittedly true except:

Not this one!

The set takes the cake for red and blue moving TOGETHER smoothly to left slightly then drifts back together with green just like double vision. Made me go "oooh".

Seen this before? I have already reworked the digital convergence generator module by redid solder jobs and several caps, checkeded them and put some new caps as well. Very professional job by the way. This is small metal box on the bottom shelf under CRT assembly. Redid the solder connections on main deflection board & convergence amps. Impact tests and wiggling wires gives no results. Last repair lasted

1 and half months then that same problem came back.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.

If it's running NTSC, which is 59.97 Hz refresh, some sort of 60 Hz EMI could be the cause. Also since the thing runs on 60 Hz power, it may be a power supply fault. For this to be true the set is probably off centering, and is being compensated for electronically.

I would have a serious look at your grounds, and also determine unequivocably the it is the red and blue rather than the green affected. It's less likely that the red and blue are affected equally.

What I said about grounds still goes, but also make sure you don't have a line leakage problem.

It is interesting, I'd be interested to see the final resolution.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly