Helpful tip with Laptop charging systems.

If you ever get a laptop with a battery that will not charge, one would first assume the battery is bad, which in most cases it is.

So you get the "0% not charging issue"

Replacing the battery does not always work due to the charge monitor in the laptop so out of spec and decalibrated from the old battery being employed using the laptop on AC for to long, or leaving the laptop plugged in all the time and just burning up the battery..

This is what yuou do.

Turn off Laptop

Remove AC power plug

Remove Battery, New or Old(incase you want to try out the old again)

Hold the power button for a 6 second count.

Insert battery

insert AC cord

Power up Laptop and let the OS initiate the charging system...

---- You shoud now see the Charge light now making an attempt to charge you r battery...

I just fixed 3 free laptops with 17 inch screens given to me due to this issue. All with new batteries, none of them wuold recharge them after the first initial use of the battery.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook