Headset fro Iphone,convert to universal handsfree

I got a special headset which nfortuantely was desined for Apple. (has a

4-connector phone plug) I wanted to use it with ordinary phones. I can;t seem to finmd the right adaptor. Would appreciate links. Thanks.

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at

First thing is to decide what you have and what you want to adapt it to. Sites like this can be helpful.

mike

You know, until about 2 months ago when I read something here,, I didn't realize what Tip and Ring meant, even though I've known the terms for almost 50 years. I always thought ring referred to the wire the ringing voltage came in on. And tip had something to do with tipping something.

I wonder how many other people have thought that.

I started with telephones and there were no plugs or jacks involved.

I planned to reply to the post that finally made me figure it out, but maybe this will do.

Reply to
micky

It referred to the polarity of the wiring in the telephone switcboard jacks.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

micky forklarede:

I knew all the time ;-)

Leif

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.