Grounding roof antenna?

We were likely working at the Naperville, IL (Indian Hill) facility at the same time and probably passed each other in the cafeteria or in the hallways... BTW, I started there in 1979 and just a few months ago, moved back to the same old building. So now it is ~30 years later and I work an aisle away on the same floor and in the same building that I started in. But it is an entirely different company now as you well know.

(Another) Bob

Bob H is Bob Hofmann retired from Bell Labs EMC group in Naperville, IL. I put myself thru college in the 1950's installing towers and antennas and vacuum tube antenna boosters in Fort PIerce, Florida. After a good summer storm, we could count on getting calls from people whose tower amplifiers had been blown apart and whose 300 ohm twin lead if intact had no conductivity because the copper had ben vaporized into the poyethelene or what poastic was used for the downleads. Nearest tv station was Miami, 125 miles away, so amplifiers on towers was the only way to get signals. When West Palm Beach went on the air, only 57 miles away, people began to get serious about buying tv's since roofotp antennas becanme somewhat practical.....

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Hi guys. I too climbed a few towers in my youth! I was with the big mother (Motorola) from mid 50's until retirement. Started in consumer products (TV) in Franklin Park. During my 35 years moved through various divisions, automotive, military, communication etc. Last days at headquarters campus in Schaumburg. Do not wish to get too personal here for all the world to see. Sudy Nim

Reply to
Sudy Nim

Franklin Park = Quasar! With the works in the drawer for easy serviceability?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Yep, that was the birth of the all transistorized color TV and last of the breed. Division sold to a Japan Company and they continued under the Quasar name for a short time in the Franklin Park plant before moving everything to Japan. I was one of the fortunate few that did not lose my job and continued employment in a different division. The main building is still there but empty for several years and was supposed to be converted to rental apartments, condos or something similar.

Sudy Nim

Reply to
Sudy Nim