GPIB data errors

Hi, I'm trying to get data from a GOODWILL PPT-3615 power supply.

I can send it commands okay, and it responds, but always with missing or duplicate characters.

For instance if I ask for its identification info with *IDN? I get:

GOOODWILL PPT33615 GODWIILPPTT36615

and so on.

The GPIB cable is only one foot long.

The card works fine with a HP 3478 meter.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Reply to
Ancient_Hacker

Baud rate slipped due to dodgey DIP switch ?

N Cook
,

GPIB has many faults, but baud rate mismatch is not one of them. It's a parallel data with a complex handshake kind of protocol.

There may be a timing problem with the GPIB master card I'm using. Gotta get out the logic analyzer to figure it out. Almost easier to buy a better card....

Reply to
Ancient_Hacker

Or maybe the new computer is to fast for the GPIB??

Reply to
Sjouke Burry