glue

the metallic material that the hinge attaches screws into to attach screen to the computer body broke on my HP omni book 6000. i was wondering what glue people out there on the internet recommend? super glue(CA) or the fast drying epoxy(5 min)? is there an issue with flexability? its a pretty stressed area. thanks ~B

Reply to
bhabronz

bhabronz: I would use JB WELD, found at any auto parts store, better than most clear expoxys, also do NOT use the "quick setting" types of glues either, not as strong and as adhesive as the regular "over-night" types. electricitym

- - - - - - - -

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
electricitym

If it's what I think it is (mine went on my 6100, very similar laptop) Then forget about glue, there is nothing remotely strong enough to bond it. Replacement of the broken item is the only solution.

Dave

Reply to
Dave D

If it is like the one's I've fixed they are a very highly stressed area. This is due to the damper in the hinge causes a lot of pressure on the hinges. The one's I've repaired had to be completely taken apart and the arm was brazed. It the arm is pot metal (gray looking stuff) it can't be welded so it will need a new arm. Richard

Reply to
spudnuty