GE 46GW947 keep changing channels

Please help me!!! I have GE 46GW947 projection TV and when it is turned on, it keep changing channels suddenly. Sometimes, it is not turned on at all, but, after a while, I can turn on the TV and it operates okay. However, after about 10 minutes, it keep changing channels and the remote controller does not work.

I have no idea why this happens.

Could somebody suggest possible reasons and solutions?

Thanks.

Manho

Reply to
manho

Some GE, & RCA T.V.'s have bad "tact switches"! They are the front panel switches! Try unplugging the front switches, should be an easy pulloff panel! Buy a cheap universal remote to run the T.V. Rono.

Reply to
Rono

Reply to
Art

The first easiest thing I would do is when it starts changing channels, put your thumb over the remote reciever. You have to take the back off, but you don't have to go near anything dangerous. You might also have to remove a piece of wood right under the mirror. If it stops you have a spurious IR signal causing it, maybe an alarm system or something. Not common, but it wouldn't be the first time.

If it keeps doing it, unplug the remote reciever. You can do this with it running and there's maximum 12 volts on it. If it stops then it's the remote reciever. If it keeps doing it, CAREFULLY reconnect the remote reciever and then unplug the keyboard. If it stops then it's the keyboard.

If it keeps doing it it's either the micro or the little SMD caps around it.

If you isolate it to the keyboard, like another respondent wrote, just use the remote for now. You're lucky in that set I'm pretty sure you can unplug them seperately, you can't in a direct view.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly