fixing smd with soldering iron?

when smd chip board contacts get loose is it better using the regular soldering iron to touch/press on chip leg at point where it comes out of chip package or down at the board contact?tnx

Reply to
poster

Where the main thermal mass is, point of soldering iron at the junction of pin and trace. If, like me, you rarely do SMD soldering and cannot justify obtaining solder paste or sub-millimetre solder. If you have some way of rolling , roll down 1mm solder to thin strip and slice down with a razor for short lengths of sub-mm.

For SMD de-soldering , on the cheap, on my tips files below

N_Cook

The latter.

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter