Fender Concert amp

Bad splitter-driver plate/anode 100K resistor, what goes bad with them? Causing rustle noise in output. Partial crack? or something chemical. I may as well replace the 82K while I'm at it , but is there any point to pre-emptively replacing all the HV droppers ? Anyone happen to know the datecode structure for Mallory electrolytics of the 1980s? say 4uF, 450VDC marked

012022 235 8346B

1982 and 35/52 from 235 or 1983 and 46/52 from the last number?

Reply to
N_Cook

Noisy 100k resistors is a common and well known problem with Fender amps, change em all.

Ron

Ron

I reckon that goes for all amps with 12AX7 stages, doesn't it Ron ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I repaired an old 50 watt Silvertone a few months ago and found two 100k plate resistors one in the splitter and one in the reverb driver that had increased in value by nearly double. The splitter was a 12a-something but the reverb driver was a 6-something.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Not sure, I know I`ve changed a lot in Fenders. on the newer models it's such a lot of parping about getting the board out, it`s easiest to change the lot. Modern valve amps are so very noisy anyway, specially fenders - the don't make em like they used to you know!

Ron

Ron