Ekco CR280 valve/tube car radio, 1950s

short.

use.

switches,

Kudos, great job! 'Specially on having the points running with little visible fireworks. The hash should quiet down with shields in place.

Bill(oc)

Easier than that, just moved the aerial to the other side of the bench as well as putting the internal screen back and the can back around the hummer. Secreted some heated silica gel under the foam and sealed around the base, before fitting back in with hot-melt glue all around the can, for sound absorbtion.

N_Cook

Will the glue melt or soften? I've worked on a couple vibrator radios way back when and I recall them running a little too hot for hot glue;.

Reply to
Meat Plow

the

250V

as

fair comment. This one after running for 20 minutes, in can , but not in surrounding casing or in a dashboard was barely detectably warm. The original putty or mastic softened and quite easily fell away, with the hot-air gun at about the same temperature as hotmelt

N_Cook