Early Learning Centre keyboard fault.

My 2 year old grandsons favourite toy, an Early Learning Centre keyboard has stopped working and he is heartbroken.

On dismantling the thing I found that the on-off / volume control switch has developed an intermittent fault. If pressure is applied to the body of the potentiometer it works fine but remove the pressure and then nothing.

The switched pot. is a 16mm diameter 10k one with the switch mechanism exposed on the back so that the switching operation can be easily seen.

I desoldered it and took it to Maplins in Glasgow thinking I would have no problem in getting an exact replacement but, of course, nothing is that simple!!

It seems to be an obsolete type and none of the possible replacements I was shown would fit the circuit board holes and seemed to be a power contact short.

Does anyone know where I might find a supplier of apparently obsolete switched pots. ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Unclebill
Reply to