dropped calls from my land line

My phone lines drops calls intermittently. As soon as the call's gone, I redial and it works fine...but occassionally it may drop again. Typically, it clicks, and the line is dead....two dropped calls this morning.

The phone company has been out and "no problem." I have DSL, cordless phones (VTECH) , and and answering machine (AT&T)

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Andre

Simplest explanation would be a bad connection in the phone or line.

How often does this happen? How long would it be before you concluded it had been fixed?

Try a different phone. Disconnect the answering machine and DSL and see if that makes any difference. Etc.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

Nah, it's a sure sign that The Dept. Of Homeland Hysteria is being equipped by the lowest bidder.

Reply to
Allodoxaphobia

ml

is

n the

It is intermittent. But it occurred 3 times today. I disconnected the cordless phones, but it happened on the wired phone. So, the phone company has installed a new "card" at the switch station? Will see how this goes.

Thanks for your reply. Will try this a few days...has been very frustrating.

Reply to
Andre

Of course, if the DSL isn't dropping out as well, it isn't like the phone company wiring outside the house.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites: