dcam, kodak dx4330, flash broken

I'm not sending this camera in for repair so ...

Anyone been inside these things? I've got a Kodak dx4330 digital camera that just lost it's flash.

Anyone have schematics?

Bad flash.... is it usually the tube or the trigger? Can you read the partnumber of the components, or does Kodak house number?

I can get a broken dx4330 on ebay for about $15. Is it worth it for parts?. And so on .....

Suggestions? Thanks

Reply to
hfs2

Hi...

Photography is a life long hobby for me, and though I've never used a Kodak I have done many many others.

A very, very good bet that it's the tube itself that's failed. A worthwhile gamble, considering that you'll also get a few other goodies... dock, batteries, usb cable, lens cap, lcd display, etc. Perhaps even another card.

If and when you do take it apart, remember the flash capacitor. That thing will really get your attention. If you're lucky enough to survive it, you sure won't soon forget it.

Good luck, and take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

The capacitor won't kill you, but the shock will make you jump and you could very easily injure yourself on surrounding hard objects. I know that for certain.

Roy G

Reply to
Roy

Greetings HFS,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I own a DX4330 and love it. Still use it for parties and such. How do you know the flash is broken. Is the flash module physically damaged? If not, check to be sure you have not set the camera to no flash. Try a few shots after changing the flash options. When you lost the module what were the circumstances?

If you do decide to repair the camera your self, especially work with the flash, please note that it can send a significant charge so be very careful. It could hurt you.

FYI and good luck. Let me know what you find.

Ron Baird Eastman Kodak Company

Reply to
Ronald Baird