Crate GT-80 amplifier..

I have determine that the power supply transformer in a Crate GT-80 needs replacing. This becomes obvious when you remove all the secondaries from any circuit and it still wants to take out it's primary fuse, also, the mov's are removed.. along with only getting 4 mh of inductance on the primary that gives a Lx = 1.5 ..

In any case, contacting dealers that are suppose to be able to obtain this little device just gives us nothing but grief because they all refuse to sell the part over the counter, even though the

sight explicitly states that I should be able to buy parts from any one of their distributors.

The last two I contacted that is with in reasonable distance from me, insist on performing the repairs or at least taking a look at it before they'll give in. I know the economy is bad but this is really taking it to the bottom of the hole when things get this bad. I don't mind paying a little extra for their profit margin, it isn't my amp to start with. just a favor for a friend.

If any one of you have any insight.. this is the part #

94-620-01 which is the power xformer.. for a Crate GT-80 guitar amp.
Reply to
Jamie

Try contacting Mercury Magnetics - they may be able to help you find a new xfrmr or rewind yours:

Sofa Slug