CDROM doors

I've had this probmlem on several machines, usually when I just turn it on and then it goes away: The CDROM door doesn't open on the first try. It almost always works better from software

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at

st

-

s]

Lubricant drying out, drive belt slipping?

Reply to
stratus46

Possibly the eject buttons relate to funky tact switches inside. Maybe unusual to have more than one, but it explains everything.

More likely if the switches are rarely used (the internal contacts tarnish) and especially if there are smokers in the house.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

The most common cause of this is a dried up loading belt. Very common, I have replaced hundreds of these over the years. Depending upon your source, the belt cab be anywhere from $2-$5.

Dan

Reply to
dansabrservices

Does it ALWAYS work the second try?

Reply to
Mick Nowell

I've had that problem on on one or more drives. No real solution.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

It makes noise like it is trying to open, but doesn't.

It could be the door just doesn't fit right.

- = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist

---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]

Reply to
vjp2.at
*+-Does it ALWAYS work the second try?

No.. sometimes it drags on..

But it may have to do with the startup state

Sometimes I can open it just when I turn on the computer, other times it will open once Windows is up..