Button Cell #303 & #357

Hello, all. These days the subject cells from various manufacturers are sold as one type, silver oxide 357/303. Seems like they must have been distinct types at one time and if so, how did they differ? Couldn't seem to find anything historically on line. Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood	            e-mail: arl_123234@hotmail.com
Reply to

My ancient ca. 1985 Panasonic battery manual says the 357 is for High Drain (180 mAh) and the 303 for Low drain 170 mAh uses. The 303 is 0.2 mm taller than the 327 5.60mm vs. 5.40mm

Why is the low drain taller than the high drain? I've no idea.

Further complicating things is that Panasonic lists the National SR44W as equivalent to the SP357; the National SR47SW as the equal of the SP303 Panasonic says the W suffix is for high drain use - LCD & multi-function analog watches. SW suffix for low drain single-function analog watches. But Panasonic doesn't label any of its silver-oxide batteries with W or SW. The suffixes, Panasonic says, indicate different types of caustic potash electrolyte. Presumably, I guess, Panasonic uses these 2 different electrolytes but doesn't add W or SW to its labels.

Reply to
Bennett

Hello, and thanks much for responding. Does your spec sheet indicate that the chemistry of the #303 is silver oxide or something else? Thanks for your time. Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood	            e-mail: arl_123234@hotmail.com
Reply to
J.B. Wood