Burglar alarm

How about a furnace transformer hooked to the door knob and a metal grate on the steps? Should alarm the burglar in good shape. An honest person would use the door bell, not try the door. Maybe a cop would try the door and get some of his own taser medicine. It's a low current transformer with about the same voltage as a taser and those are legal.

Reply to
Hipupchuck

Then all you will need is a note on the door that says "please remove shoes before entering".

Reply to
Charlie

Such boobytraps invariable nail the owner a thousand times more than any would-be intruder.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

"Charlie" wrote in news:gv1fbi$lf7$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

yeah,and you shock a person with a heart condition or pacemaker,and you've got one hell of a lawsuit.Maybe a fireman trying to put out a fire in your home,and he decides the place is boobytrapped and they refuse to fight the fire.(they don't HAVE to,you know.)

Probably a costly lawsuit if anyone got a shock when touching your doorknob.They might just have been putting a flyer on the doorknob. OOPS,wet weather;it kills them.and you go directly to jail.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

On 5/20/2009 12:40 PM AZ Nomad spake thus:

[Homer Simpson comes home, grabs doorknob] DOH! [gets up, grabs doorknob again] DOH! [gets up, gives doorknob annoyed look, grabs it again] DOH! [...]
David Nebenzahl

I got it! You're just kidding right?

Well besides having a bazillion variables it 'could' be lethal. Tasers don't allow current to plow through your hand to your feet via the chest. It's basically a muscle disrupter very localized to an area of the body. But tasers can be lethal also under the right conditions. Also your system isn't an "alarm" it's a burglar 'deterrent' .............

Reply to
Meat Plow

shoes

grate

door

and

Used to be you could get a deflector that you could mount to a hole in the wall next to the door so you could poke a shotgun into it from the inside and pepper everyone on your doorstep. If that doesn't work, they can always burn your house down with you in it.

Reply to
JB

Why not just a trap door into a tank filled with starved alligators? You could even have a glass tank and film it then sell it later on the net.

Reply to
Meat Plow

And have the 'Society for the prevention of Cruelty to Alligators' after you? No way in hell! The only thing more vicious than a starved 'gator is their lawyers!

Michael A. Terrell

|>How about a furnace transformer hooked to the door knob and a metal |>grate on the steps? Should alarm the burglar in good shape. An honest

As long as it doesn't hamper firemen in case of fire, but they usually wear rubber gloves or similar protection...

I have a similar "trap" on an internal safe, but the standards say that home invaders, all wear surgical gloves or similar for "fingerprints"....

So I'm not too sure these ideas are good, since their is a chance of your forgetfulness, and a linked light will act as your warning sign.

|>person would use the door bell, not try the door. Maybe a cop would try |>the door and get some of his own taser medicine.

In a home invasion, Cops usually tie your door knob so YOU can't open the door, unless they are in a hurry, and use their vast array of "breacher" tools......

The kicker on this is that most Cop Home Invasions are the *wrong* Address, and some Swat guy get's shocked or shot...

|>It's a low current transformer with about the same voltage as a taser |>and those are legal.

I just use household AC light current with a warning light and a reliable o/i switch.....I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle but it may be, better than nothing?

Reply to
Bob