Bulletprooof LCD monitor

The language is Ukraine but watch the video clip as it really is self explanatory.

Meat Plow

damn, these russians are eons ahead of us again! :-))

Reply to
HapticZ

I fail to see the relevance to repair of electronics, but where is the test to determine that this monitor is "bulletproof?" Bolt-proof perhaps, but nowhere is it demonstrated that this monitor is bullet- proof.

Reply to
RosemontCrest

That's fine, neither is your reply so we're even.

Bulletproof: Impenetrable to bullets or missiles (from Merriam-Webster) if taken literally. Otherwise very tough and nearly indestructible.

I will be billing you $25.00-US for the explanation.

Reply to
Meat Plow

LOL !!! Go Meat, go !

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

What surprised me was that the LCD panel itself was not damaged. You'd think that the impact of a crossbow bolt would have damaged "something inside".

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

And here I thought Asus was headquartered in or near Taipei..

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 17:33:21 -0500, Meat Plow put finger to keyboard and composed:

I don't believe it. Maybe this is a job for MythBusters.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I had an unfortunate 'accident' with the large LCD panel on my fancy do-everything workshop phone a couple of weeks ago. It didn't take all that much of a knock, and the front surface of the panel was not as much as scratched, but ut sure as hell trashed the internals of it. I have not been able to get a replacement for it, but have now found a complete phone on e-Bay for 8 quid, so it's on its way (hopefully) and will also give me a spare handset and main board and case in readiness for future accidents ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

It's probably covered with Lexan, an extremely tough polycarbonate.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

we argued amongst our lawyer friends and came up with a bulletproof argument!

so, even so, it could have holes in it ;-))

errr, im not xactly sure what i meant to say...........

Reply to
HapticZ

lexan wouldnt bend that soft iron xbow projectile and not sustain damage.

lexan wont shatter or break except under extreme conditions, it has super elastic crosslinked molecules that defy most strikes

but,it will flexand distribute the strike energy, thus sending that energy across the entire surface rather than in a single point

it may be the laminated bulletproof type of glass used in limosines (glass/lexan/glass) or some new contraption...

it appeared less than 1/2 inch thick

Reply to
HapticZ

Lexan scratches quite easily