Briggs and Stratton 3.5 hp lawnmower engine problem

The question remains - did you ever get the beast running again?

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

Indeed, it's not like these are convoluted electronic devices. Intake (mix of gas and air), compression, ignition, exhaust. Each cycle can be tested easily enough - starting with a compression test.

John :-#)#

                      John's Jukes Ltd.
          (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

Too funny. At least Darwin went right for the reproductive organs. Fastest route to stopping the genetic defects.

Reply to
Terry Schwartz

Leaving the most important question, from The Lancet, April 1, 1960-something:

Is Sterility Hereditary?

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

onic component of it might be on. I have this 3.5 horse engine on my old pu sh mower. The engine is about 38 years old now but the mower is used very i nfrequently so the hours are not that bad. About 5 or 6 years ago I replace d the old OEM coil that used points, with a used newer electronic type that eliminates the points. The mower is on it's third carburetor, gas tank and second deck but it has always started ok. I tried to start the mower this morning and as sure as my wife said, (I hate it when she's right), "You'll never start that old thing", it wouldn't start. Long story short there is n o HV spark to the plug. It seems as though the coil is bad again. I was goi ng to hit up a few used lawnmower places to try to get a replacement coil b ecause I have no engine numbers on my machine to look up the part but I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to bench test these things. Tha nks for any help Lenny

nope haven't gotten it working yet. Need to find a lawnmower graveyard for a coil.Lenny

Reply to
captainvideo462009