Bill, Len, others, others who have helped me in the past

Bill Jr, Leonard C, others, you may be interested in this.

There is a new website called tvrepairtips.org that you might be interested in. They have been around about a year. This website is for professionals only. There are no customers, no guys in the basement somewhere in Europe wanting to tweak their ceiling mouted PTV. There are no tennis shoes for sale. There is no "me love you long time" links. It is all meat.

While I am sure some of the tips there might be just "It really was just a fuse this time", you must prove that you are a professional to get in. After that you send them like six tips and you get full access.

I know you are probably on avsforum and actually I will be soon as well, but tvrepairtips.org is alot more exclusive. They are adamant about it too, you must prove you're a pro, and they want to know about your most recent repair job. There is no spam, no fluff, nothing of the sort. All meat. Well there is a category called Organized BS, but nobody is selling shoes.

Len, Bill, and I know there are others, you should give it a whirl, while it may seem slow at times, the content is building.

I highly recommend it, even though it is in it's infancy right now. There are some forward thinking people there and with what is happening with technology we need all the help we can get. And I got tennis shoes.

Anyone in here, if you are a PROFESSIONAL you might want to check it out. Customers, do it yourselfers and spammers are not welcome there. You have to prove yourself to get in.

I think it's got potential, it is about repair. There aren't even people in there with "When I run the video essentials disk it shows a slight bend". There is no "Da fuse blows".

Now that I mentioned video essentials, I will say this. Thomas Thornblum would be welcome there. Even though he is not really engaged in TV repair for hire, he is able to pretty much walk up to the bench and do the job. He doesn't because he works for Sun Microsystems. But after selling him some parts and finding out what he did I am sure he should get in.

There are others here who are very competent as well, and sorry if I did not mention you.

See you there maybe.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly

Thanks for the heads up, Jurb. I am a member and it is one of many sites where I share info with other techs. I don't use it much because I get most of what I need elsewhere, but it is a good site from what I can tell.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet