Ashdown Peacemaker 20 , 2003

Loss of valve preamp due to o/c dropper between HT1 and HT2. Not the slightest sign of any heating to this 1/3W , 10K resistor . Never seems right to me 1/3W resistors in valve anode supplies - the 4 ,per anode, 1/3W 100K and 220K droppers downstream of the HT2 supply also look perfect . Same body colour as all the other 1/3W and no schematic indication of being a thermal fuse resistor. So replace with higher wattage or not.? Replace with a higher wattage and a current fuse, somehow, in case an overload could have knocked out this R without leaving the slightest trace of heating on it or the , more likely, higher resistance ones. I intend milling holes inter-trace, again (previous owner of a Peacemaker 60 grateful for the cooler running), through the pcb around the o/p bottles. Like all these Peacemakers, serious overheating of the pcb material etc, and this dropper is an inch from an output valve. No actual pcb discolour under this dropper , that stops about 1/2 inch from the bottles so I have difficulty in assuming its a heating problem. Or milling vent holes and only 1/3w 10R, metal oxide resistor replacement?

N_Cook

indication

grateful

this

in

very odd, scraped along the 10K, now removed, and 2 breaks one at an end then another about 300R from the other end with no sign of discolouration on the oxide layer, or cracks

Reply to
N_Cook