APC Uninterruptable power supply

I have a 1400RM UPS. It was powering a server set-up with about three or four severs and ten or so boxes.

I unplugged it and took it elsewhere. When I plugged it in again, not a bean. No lights, no power nothing in the batteries, no glimmer, nothing on reset, nothing on reset batteries (with the power unplugged). Nothing on pressing the sensitivity reset button either.

Admittedly I did leave it for a few months while I tried to figure out what was going on with it plugged in but not registering anything.

Anyone know what gives? APC just says buy another unit.

Reply to
news.rcn.com

When the batteries are no longer good, the UPS will not start up. Changing the batteries should fix it.

These UPS's rarely have electronics failures, and are very dependable. After about 3 to 4 years, the batteries usually require replacement.

Jerry G.

news.rcn.com wrote:

Reply to
Jerry G.