Anchor Ensign Podium With Mic and Amp

I am trying to help a friend of mine fix the electronic podium for his chur ch. It worked fine for years til they brought it to someone (not me) to cha nge the rechargeable battery. He changed the battery but now as soon as yo u plug in the podium top condenser mic, you get uncontrollable feedback. I t's like the volume control is turned all the way up. They changed mics an d it does the same thing.

I thought maybe the pot went bad but it doesn't seem so. Any thoughts on ho w to troubleshoot this? I can't find a schematic. The model is Anchor Ens ign model TL-28.

Thanks!!

Paul

Reply to
Lovguitar