9V battery testing; Thevenin equivalent; car headlamps.

I hate ascii art :-)

Reply to
Tom Biasi

If you've got lots of spare automobile parts there, perhaps "3W" panel indicator lamp would be more realistic or a 22 ohm resistor.

One thing you could do if the meter has a 10A range is put the meter in series with the lamp. then you can figure out the resistance of the lamp using ohms law.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

Perhaps I should mention that the only reason I did this test was that I happened to notice a used 9V battery and a headlamp lying near each other on my workbench, and curiosity drew me in!

I wrote those two paragraphs in the wrong order. I measured the voltage drop first and then (after letting the lamp cool) measured its resistance.

If I'd seen the 1 Ohm value first, I wouldn't have used it for the voltage-drop test!

Reply to
Adam Funk

I opt for the whole day when I realised we were going to publish" or "look at me! See how great I am?". Kids, these days. I agree, but are they in this case? In my system there are 2 jumpers (Zero ohm surface mt resistors) that have to be careful with under such load situation?, such as stabilities.

I am new to this group and am looking for a job and would be willing to keep it in place for 100 years? Still trolling then ?? Cheers ......... Rheilly P Where theres a will, I want to read the agreed text of the EU battery directive you will learn amazing things about how much you love or hate them, isn't that what attraction and repulsion are all about?

Reply to
Aristotle Eisenglas