1950's T V & Rdio service manuals

I have complete set of service manuals from 1950's for Radio & T Vs from my Grandfathers T V Store he closed in 1958. I would like to sell them for hi m & see them go to a good home! He has taken extremely good care of these & doesn't want to see them thrown away. you can contact me @ griggeal@yahoo. com or call me @ 717-677-4167 thanks Greg

Reply to
griggeal

What sort of length of shelves/filing cabinet draws do they occupy , is probably the critical info required?

Reply to
N_Cook

Hmmm, they really are only of historical interest, almost NOBODY would actually need them to repair equipment that old, except for a museum. Good luck!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I have about 30 yards of repair manuals, mainly from the 80s , which almost equally is a waste of space, and another 10 yards of data books. Probably nearer paying someone to take them away , than being paid anything for them.

Reply to
N_Cook

N_Cook scribbled thus:

As much as I hated it, not too long ago I sent several hundred workshop manuals to paper recycling. About 3cwts worth. I recon I've got close to the same again in boxes to sort through and dispose of.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Hobbyists who collect old radios (and some collect old tv sets).

NOt likely to bring in much, since it takes up space and would only be useful when a radio shows up that is covered.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Anyone know of a www site listing manuals that probably were printed , but no known examples survive, then cross-check with before dumping?

Reply to
N_Cook

Hmmm...

Maybe you mean a web site that lists people looking for specific ones.

I can't really see how anyone would know if a particular manual or schematic is "rare" or not.

The other problem, similar to this thread, people like me have boxes of the damn things packed away also. I have no desire to go through them and type out all the model/chassis numbers/similar to's of them.

I mean for every 1000, maybe there would be one of interest to someone somewhere.

Just don't see it being worth the effort.

-bruce snipped-for-privacy@ripco.com

Reply to
Bruce Esquibel

Sams Photofact folders by folder number have great radio and tv schematics. THey covered almost every tv set manufactured in the USA up to 1965. I don't know about after that time.

Reply to
hrhofmann