Tasklet questions

Consider I have an interrupt handler function, and inside it I call
tasklet_schedule(my_tasklet) .

An interrupt occurs, the IR-handler starts and
tasklet_schedule(my_tasklet) is called. When will my_tasklet be
scheduled to run? Can I be sure that my_tasklet will start to run
directly after the IR-handler returns? Or is it possible that a kernel
thread (or another my_tasklet) can start/continue to run before
my_tasklet?

Do tasklets take priority over kernel threads?

What about if a new interrupt of the same type occurs while my_tasklet
is running, will my_tasklet be interrupted and the IR-handler run again
and another my_tasklet will be scheduled? When will the new scheduled
my_tasklet start to execute? Directly after the first my_tasklet
finnishes?

Anyone understand my questions?

BRs!

Re: Tasklet questions

As far as I know your tasklet will run only once if you schedule it many times.
It will run when the kernel thinks it is a good time, which may be later.

It will run when the kernel thinks it is a good time, which may be later.

Good luck,
Edwin

Site Timeline