software architecture

Hi, I suppose many professional embedded sw developers read this list. Could
a few people give me an idea how they document their software architecture.
Using UML? I just can't get into this stupid uml diagrams because most work
we do is C, non OO, and I don't see any positive sides to using uml. Only
more work. At the same time I do see that it's necessary to document the
architecture, but are there good alternatives apart from UML or galactic
modeling language (dot, line and arrow) :-)
bert

Re: software architecture

I think doxygen has some facilities for software architecture
documentation. I have used doxygen to generate the User Manual of my
software, not specifically for software architecture documentation.

Re: software architecture

I don't get most of UML but Sequence Diagrams are gold and ERD's can
be a good overall block diagram of sorts. So how does block A talk
to block B. Most of the rest of UML is either above my head or not
applicable.

--
// This is my opinion.

Site Timeline