Re: turning off harddisk and listen music from ramdisk under linux

I could be wrong about this.

I am running my fanless mp3 player with a 200MHz MMX running at
100MHz.

Chip IDs:
A80503166 SL27K
B7320070-1263
INTEL (c) 92'95'

It is definitely cooler at 100 MHz.

There are lots of power supplies (non PCs) running without a fan.  The
fan is
needed in order to push the limit on the supply.  If you are only
using 20% of the rated capacity, there is no need for the fan.   A 25
Watts (out of 150 Watts) power supply is actually cool to be touched
and quite safe, according
to my offical finger test.

By the way, I have been running fan-less systems for 2 to 3 years.  I
have not started any fire yet.