r-trees

I am working on an implementation of a mobile camera that tags each photo with a location name based on GPS coordinates. Someone suggested r-trees for the database format.

r-trees sound exactly like what I need; however every implementation I've found centerson a *SQL engine. My little embedded platform won't run any form of SQL database.

Is anyone aware of a flat-file based r-tree implementation, preferrably in C? Something suitable for an embedded system?

Thanks,

--Yan

--
  o__
  ,>/'_          o__

Including SQLite ? From

: "SQLite is a small C library that implements a self-contained, embeddable, zero-configuration SQL database engine."

A few are mentioned in R-Tree portal:

Roberto Waltman

OK, I'll look into it if it turns out I can't do flat files....

I've been trying to figure out the source in here:

But it comes with absolutely no docs and few comments in the code.... You don't happen to know where I might find some? :-)

--Yan

Reply to
Captain Dondo

For what its worth, SQLite stores a complete database as a single disk file. If you can tolerate the overhead of storing the SQL tables and fields information + the size of the library itself, only minimal file system support is required.

I could grep out and send you thousand of comments from other sources, but I doubt they will be helpful. :-) No, sorry. I looked briefly into this material a long time ago for an application that never came to be. May be reading the original papers on R-Trees can help to understand these libraries.

Reply to
Roberto Waltman

Is there something similar but entirely in RAM?

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director

Mediaxim NV/SA
Vorstlaan 191 Boulevard du Souverain
Brussel 1160 Bruxelles
http://www.mediaxim.com/
Reply to
Michel Bardiaux

Just create a tmpfs and put the files there.....

--Yan