PCM output to DAC

Hi

I'm currently developing on an Altera Excalibur EPXA1db board, which has an arm922T. Its got Linux 2.4 running with a basic root filesystem. I'm looking at cross-compiling an mp3 decoder (madplay) to run on this architecture and would appreiciate a bit of advice before starting.

I require the decoded stream to be sent, via general purpose IO pins, to a customised PCB with a (16 or 24 bit) DAC and audio preamp.

Will I have to write a device driver (/dev/dsp) to enable this or is there a simple way to direct the stream to the memory mapped pins?

TIA

Andy Douglas

Reply to
Andrew Douglas