Linux Embedded with X-Windows-System in a experimental tactile computer X86

Hi to everyone.

I am working with an experimental portable computer X86 with tactile screen that needs an OS Linux with X-Windows-System. I have heard that an Embedded Linux is the best way to obtain the best performance in this cases. Please, can you recomend me some distributions and say which are they download pages?

Reply to
puchikonyoster

Hi,

I suggest you Gentoo Linux for building an embedded Linux. I self build one on base of the Tiny Gentoo Tutorial

My System is up to 8 Mbytes but without X and any other grapical stuff.

You can install an minimal X-Server. Your Applications can use the Xlib so you don't need any other graphical libraries.

cu

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com schrieb:

Reply to
Reimund Klain

For my linksys slug

I use openslug which is based on the openembedded build system. It's a pretty nice build system for building embedded systems. It's not really a distribution, just a build system I've also tried ptxdist
for another project but it was pretty hard to get it working.

wimpunk.

Reply to
wimpunk

I've seen KaeilOS (formerly Klinux embedded)

in action with such configuration, and seems pretty good.

HTH

--
       _
.-._.=\-.